Position: Associate Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist, Preformulations
Location: Boston, MA/On-Site
Company: Asymchem Boston Corporation
To Apply: Email cover letter and résumé to [email protected] Please include job title in the subject line.
Founded in 1999, Asymchem is a global integrated Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) providing drug R&D and manufacturing for leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies. Our mission is to drive smarter, greener, and more cost-effective manufacturing to support clinical research and commercialization. Asymchem currently operates eight manufacturing facilities offering solutions ranging from early clinical stage to commercial stage, including R&D, cGMP production of advanced intermediates, APIs, formulations, and clinical research services. Asymchem Group, headquartered in Tianjin, P. R. China. is a publicly traded company on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange (stock code 002821.SZ)
The salt and polymorphic form of a drug have a significant impact on bioavailability, purification of the drug substance, and stability of the drug substance. The preformulation group conducts salt and polymorph screens to determine optimal form and develops procedures to reliably crystallize the chosen form at scale. An associate scientist will conduct these screens and develop these procedures under the guidance of a senior scientist, as well as presenting the results of their studies both internally and to clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct salt and polymorph screens on drug products.
- Use appropriate analytical tools to analyze salt and polymorph forms: particle size analyzers, dissolution instruments, XRPD, DSC, TGA, KF, DVS, PLM, NMR, and SEM (training will be provided for entry level positions).
- Modify the reaction conditions to improve the purity and yields/output under appropriate supervisory direction.
- Develop solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
- Contribute to the completion of routine technical tasks.
- Perform scale-up experiments under appropriate supervisory direction.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Manage workload and time effectively to achieve high performance in multiple projects and complete the tasks/experiments outlined by the supervisor.
- Document experiments and data and ensure all necessary paperwork is completed on a timely basis.
- Prepare presentations and reports summarizing lab work and giving recommendations to clients.
- Perform laboratory operations in a safe manner.
- Keep abreast of the Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Follow responsible actions for chemical disposal.
- Maintain compliance with all regulations at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Contribute and participate in setting up the process chemistry laboratory of Asymchem Boston’s new R&D center.
- Contribute and participate in general laboratory maintenance activities.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned.
Experience Requirements - Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSAs):
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with major in chemistry or in a relevant field of science.
- Has a good foundation in general scientific practice and the principles and concepts of a relevant scientific field of study.
- Ability to effectively communicate (oral and written) with supervisor and project team members.
- Motivated, detail-oriented, and quick learner.
- Solid working knowledge of solid form analytical techniques a plus.
- Experience with particle size analyzers, dissolution instruments, XRPD, DSC, TGA, KF, DVS, PLM, and SEM.
- Must be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19
- Day 1 Coverage for Medical, Vision (Co. Paid), and Dental Insurance
- Paid ~Life Insurance; Short-Term Disability (STD) & Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Paid ~Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Maternity Leave
- Matching 401K