Cost-effective, Sustainable Approach to Transformation
Our experts can design, optimize and screen enzymes (biocatalysts) based on each project’s specific demands. Biotransformation (enzyme catalysis) is foundational to our manufacturing approach, guaranteed to meet GMP standards, and flexible enough to produce quantities from mg to ton manufacture. Synthetic route development results in a much more cost-effective and green process, taking advantage of the highly selective nature of enzymes, especially as a replacement of chiral precious metal catalysts.
On Site Catalyst Production Supports Full Chemical Process
Understanding the need to move away from proprietary enzymes offered by a single enzyme supplier, at Asymchem we optimize and produce catalysts on site that support the full chemical process. We immobilize each enzyme or modify its properties for maximum efficiency in a manufacturing environment. And because we manufacture and use these enzymes in a single location, we’re able to avoid loss of enzyme activity and enable the application of other advanced technologies.
- Enzyme Screening
- Enzyme Development
- Enzyme Evolution
- Enzyme Immobilization
- Process Development & Optimization
- Technology Transfer
Asymchem provides multiple enzyme screening kits that target a broad range of biotransformation, offering standalone enzyme screening against specific processes. When customers provide substrates which include analytical method development and process optimization, we will propose alternatives that add more value for less effort.
By producing enzyme solutions at the same site where the chemical process will be run, Asymchem avoids unnecessary steps making the enzyme suitable for shipment, while ultimately adding value. We can also seamlessly combine the biotransformation step with other technologies for the best overall process. Our enzyme engineering is chemist controlled, meaning our primary focus is to ensure effectiveness in a given step.
Our program features:
- Recombinant expression
- New enzyme development service for a specific substrate, including gene screening, recombinant expression, expression optimization, and evolution
- Enzyme evolution technology
- Rational design: The mutation sites are selected based on the simulated protein three-dimensional structure, for example as site-directed mutagenesis and saturation mutagenesis.
- Irrational design: The mutation is random and diversity of variants is increased, for example error-prone PCR, DNA shuffling, and staggered extension process.
CFPS: Asymchem has established a cell-free Protein Synthesis system that can modify the protein expression process and is easy to produce soluble membrane proteins and complex proteins. It provides a new method for the production of difficult-to-express proteins and protein fermentation.
- High through-put screening
- This important part of enzyme evolution determines the efficiency and ability of the enzyme evolution. Asymchem has developed a series of high through-put screening methods for ketoreductase, transaminase, hydrolase, and other classes.
High through-put screening is an important part of enzyme evolution. It determines the efficiency and ability of the enzyme evolution. Asymchem has developed a series of high through-put screening methods for ketoreductase, transaminase, hydrolase and other classes.
- Enzyme Immobilization
- Downstream expertise
- Expertise in adapting and optimizing customized DSP process based on enzyme — soluble and insoluble enzymes/proteins
- Scalable DSP process from lab to production scale with maximum yield and activity
- Experience in handling and scaling up instable and sensitive recombinant protein production
We offer a variety of enzyme immobilization solutions with the aim of achieving overall efficiency in integrated biocatalysis. Our immobilization platform is customized for enzymes with the purpose of suitability, scalability, and economies in the manufacturing process and offers the following advantages:
- Quick and rational design
- Generic and custom immobilization platforms
- Single enzymes, multiple enzymes, and co-enzymes/cofactors
- Expertise in analysis method development
- Operational stability testing of immobilized enzymes
- PBR / CSTR mode of testing
- Capability from lab to commercial
|Enzyme||Asymchem Enzyme Library||Other Available Enzymes in Class||Total|
|Hydrolase (lipase & esterase)||150||60||210|
|Amino acid dehydrogenase||86||30||116|
|Phenylalanine Ammonia Lyase||40||0||40|
|Amidohydrolase (Amidase & Acylase)||20||0||20|
Other available enzymes: These samples in the Asymchem collection were obtained from outside sources, including other companies. Some are in the public domain, while others have IP encumbrances associated with their use. Nevertheless, experiments with enzymes in this group sometimes lead to additions to the Asymchem Enzyme Library or help guide enzyme evolution work with Asymchem enzymes.