Company: Asymchem Boston Corp
Dept: Business Development (BD)
To Apply: Email cover letter and résumé to [email protected]
Sr. Director or Business Development Director
Asymchem (Boston) is looking for an ambitious Business Development Director to grow client database for existing and emerging capabilities. This role’s primary function is to drive sales revenue growth of biotech companies in the US market. The successful candidate will have the ability to build relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, influence future strategic development, and develop relationships. Additionally, the candidate will create connections with cross-divisional business units ensuring an aligned approach to clients. This position can be located anywhere in the US.
- Generate business leads and revenue from small or chemical macromolecule drug substance and drug product programs through your existing list of contacts.
- Continually generate and feed a pipeline of new business leads via prospecting, networking, and other up-to-datemethods, virtual or in-person, for business development.
- Maintain strong understanding of Asymchem’s capabilities to clearly convey to clients of all levels.
- Maintain strong technical and market knowledge in current therapeutic areas in order to enable meaningful conversations with prospective customers.
- Gather market insights, assesses market potential and the competitive landscape in the US to feed back to the internal group of actions required in order to generate business.
- Be able to structure deals, lead negotiation processes, and close deals, in coordination with relevant supporting internal teams and management.
- Develop, nurture and maintain a strong network in the clinical and manufacturing space from which to drive future opportunities.
- Communicate effectively with the Project Coordination Office and technical teams in assessing opportunities in order to developing proposals of value to the clients.
- Highly motivated, willingness to contribute to a strong working culture and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers, managers, clients, and partners.
- Strong presenter with excellent verbal and written communication skills and networking capabilities required to interact with internal and external clients and partners
- Must have the ability and desire to help lead solutions for problems encountered.
- The ability to handle multiple customers (effective time management, good organization skills effective use of resources and assessment of priorities to opportunities).
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer needs, have difficult conversations with internal/external stakeholders and customers, negotiate solutions and understand impacts on the overall offering.
- Self-motivated with a hunger for new deals and a can-do spirit.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in using Salesforce
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or other related fields with at least 7 years of experience in clinical development.
- More than 5 years of business development/sales experience in the CRO/CDMO, Pharma & Biotech services or related health care industries with an existing customer network.
- Strong understanding of ICH Q7 cGMP in the clinical and commercial manufacturing space
- Basic understanding of Incoterms and GAAP revenue recognition.
Asymchem is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) offering integrated solutions across all stages of drug development and into commercialization. Asymchem is supported by 7000 employees based in PR China, US, and EU. We are a research-intensive company actively developing practical, economically feasible and sustainable technologies for more effective manufacturing. Our clients include 13 of the world’s 15 largest pharmaceutical companies plus many emerging pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
To Apply Please email: [email protected]